[texshop] Auto-rotation of landscape pages upon printing

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Dec 7 01:53:48 CET 2021

> On 7 Dec 2021, at 00:47, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> I was just wondering if using latex->dvips->ps2pdf would print properly.

This took a bit of time as I needed to convert the PDF figures to EPS, and rewrite some macros dependent on unicode-math. The result with tex + dvips + ps2pdf is the same as before, unfortunately: the PDF output has all pages but one portrait, and one page landscape; upon printing, Preview rotates the landscape page, so the printed output is fine; TeXShop doesn't, so the landscape page ends up shrinked horizontally and cropped.

To be sure, I tried with a PDF file produced entirely without TeX (a Pages file exported to PDF), rotated one page to landscape. Exactly the same as before happens when opening the PDF file in Preview and TeXShop and printing it from there.

Bruno