[texshop] TeXShop 4.37

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sun Sep 15 22:45:09 CEST 2019

> Le 14 sept. 2019 à 16:04, Bruno Voisin via texshop <texshop at tug.org> a écrit :
>
> The problem is indeed Catalina's, not TeXShop's.

It really isn't TeXShop: I've been experiencing crashes now with Safari and Mail (for both when printing - the apps send the print job to the printer then crash immediately afterwards), and with Preview, TeXShop and Illustrator (for all three when closing windows or switching from one window to another).

In all cases the crash is due to a segmentation fault 11 and involves similar exceptions. A common factor is that all these apps manage PDF files (Safari and Mail when printing, Preview, TeXShop and Illustrator because these are the files they operate on).

I filed reports to Apple, the report for Safari was flagged as "Recent Similar Reports: more than 10", so it seems Apple is aware of the issue.

And this seems to say it's not something wrong in my setup, Catalina is the culprit (Public Beta 7, Developer Beta 8).

Bruno