[texshop] TeXShop 4.37

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Sep 14 08:53:26 CEST 2019

> Le 13 sept. 2019 à 20:51, koch at uoregon.edu a écrit :
>
> I cannot reproduce this bug on either Mojave or Catalina with 4.37 and the latest Catalina.
>
> However, if you open a file which lives in a Mojave partitian with TeXShop running on a Catalina partitian, typeset, and then close the file, you get a crash. I'm not working on that because it does not occur on Mojave and Catalina is in beta.

Here there's only one Catalina partition, on which TeXShop and the document both live. XCode 11 has now reached Golden Master status, so I assume Catalina isn't far from it either. Judging by previous macOS versions (Sierra to Mojave), GM was around September 10-15 and release September 20-25.

I'll be working on this document for most of the weekend, so I'll report in case I can get some reproducibility, identify some triggering factor.

It's probably something specific to my setup, given the may problems and reinstalls there have been with the successive Catalina betas.

Bruno

PS Two days ago I installed the beta XCode 11. Previously I had only the release XCode 10.3 instead. That shouldn't affect TeXShop, but maybe the many components XCode installs do. (That seems unlikely though.)