[texshop] Missing memory

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Feb 19 08:39:04 CET 2019

> On 18 Feb 2019, at 21:23, Justin C. Walker <justin at me.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 18, 2019, at 00:04 , Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Le 18 Feb 2019 à 07:44, Justin C. Walker <justin at me.com> a écrit :
>>>
>>> I have misplaced the trick in TeXShop to get “automatic” braces, in math mode, when a “_” or “^” is typed.
>>
>> Do you mean you type say "$a_" and TeXShop automatically adds "{}" after the "_", inserting the pointer between the "{" and the "}”?
>
> That is what I meant.

Based on Herb's wisdom at

https://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2012-January/048240.html

things take place in TeXShop's Source menu: Key Bindings > Toggle On/Off. No need to edit the Key Bindings file though, as

^	^{#SEL##INS#}
_	_{#SEL##INS#}

are there already.

I didn't even know such possibilities existed! Thanks for pointing these out. (I must admit I'm completely lost nowadays among TeXShop's many menu items and pref checkboxes -- not even to mention all the hidden prefs --, and only use an extremely limited subset.)

Bruno