[texshop] Find Bar

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sun Dec 1 18:11:23 CET 2019

Hi to all,

Something I noticed by accident:

The search string of the Apple Find Bar and Panel is shared with other apps, while the search string of the OgreKit Find Panel isn’t.

I noticed this while working on a document in TeXShop and doing a search there, going to Wikipedia in Safari and doing another search (ie with another search string) in the displayed Wikipedia page, then going back to TeXShop: the search string in TeXShop had been replaced by that from Safari.

It may have always been like this, but I had never noticed before. That won’t change my preference for the Apple Find Bar (now the default since TeXShop 4.44), but users of the OgreKit Find Panel who switched or are considering switching to the Apple Find Bar or Panel must be aware of the difference.

Bruno