[texshop] Revised TeXShop 4.33 Experimental

Yusuke Terada taylorkgb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 19:54:45 CEST 2019

Folks,

> The author of the stackexchange article we used to change the UTI several days ago began by saying that most of his TeX files had type public.tex. Where this came from is a mystery.

I have been searching for the origin of "public.tex", and I've found a possible cause.
There is a famous QuickLook plugin named "QLColorCode", which is used for syntax highlighting in QuickLook. It can be easily installed via Homebrew or MacPorts.
In Info.plist of QLColorCode.qlgenerator, the type "public.tex" is defined.

https://github.com/anthonygelibert/QLColorCode/blob/master/Info.plist#L209-L229

Is this considered to be an "illegal" definition? If so, it is possible that this definition interferes "edu.uo.texshop.tex" and prevents Spotlight of TeX files.

Sincerely,
Yusuke Terada