[texshop] amstex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Apr 30 01:15:51 CEST 2019

> Le 29 avr. 2019 à 14:11, Camille Debiève <camille.debieve at uclouvain.be> a écrit :
>
> I am the managing editor or the Bulletin of the Belgian Mathematical Society and the author of a paper which is accepted for publication sent us a document written in amstex, that I am not able to compile because I don’t have the engine allowing to do that.
>
> Could you tell me where I can download that engine and in which directory I have to put it ?
> Of course, you may also send me the needed engine by email.

When you write amstex, do you really mean AMS-TeX, the now-obsolete format written by Michael Spivak, or amslatex, its implementation as a LaTeX package amsmath?

If that's AMS-TeX: given you write to the TeXShop list, you probably have installed MacTeX. If so, then the AMS-TeX format is already included and a binary calling it, all that's missing is an engine calling this binary in TeXShop (but maybe you know that already).

Attached is a tentative engine (untested), to be put inside ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines. Make sure it has the executable bit set. If not, you can use, in Terminal:

cd ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines
chmod a+x AMSTeX.engine

Bruno Voisin