[texshop] What does F5 do?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Oct 12 17:31:51 CEST 2018

> Le 12 Oct 2018 à 17:22, Stephen Moye <stephenmoye at mac.com> a écrit :
>
> Well, this is somewhat better:
>
>> defaults write TeXShop.plist NSUseSpellCheckerForCompletions -bool false
>
> F5 now suggests only similar words in the current document.

OK, I see, so this means completion is still performed, but it doesn't use the spell checker.

The original StackOverflow page suggested

defaults write -g NSUseSpellCheckerForCompletions -bool false

(-g for global, instead of just TeXShop). I changed it so that only TeXShop is affected.

Maybe that makes a difference, and -g performs better for what you're looking for.

Bruno