bibtex-1.0, or maybe not

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 12:46:08 CEST 2024

I missed a lot of the context ( and to help matters I'm top posting
since I'm in the browser right now lol ) but I have seen html
containing a lot of reference information and i guess you could put
machine readable citation information into a pdf file too.
Although even getting anyone to include machine readable
bibtex for the document itself can be a problem
( the "url" is of course temporary but that is where software like toobib
can help and add the url used for the specific download ).

I try to include basic biblio info even when posting a link in a social media
post to make the title and author available for use to decide on click
and to survive url rot.

I've been using this ( although this is just a backup copy and I changed
it lately to takeout the warning generating line breaks in the pdf strings ),

https://github.com/mmarchywka/bibbtechs/tree/main/addbib

to put structured biblio info in the released pdf files.

This is in a backup file for another manuscript I'm making and
should be up to date,

https://github.com/mmarchywka/copper/blob/main/mjmaddbib.tex

It wouldn't be hard to come up with something for every reference
and each entry in a work collection like a proceedings or journal.
Hierarchy is common.

 Mike Marchywka
44 Crosscreek Trail
Jasper GA 30143
was 306 Charles Cox Drive  Canton, GA 30115
470-758-0799
404-788-1216