bibtex-1.0, or maybe not

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 22 04:49:39 CEST 2024

Paulo:

> Displaying a URL in print is the same as walking around showing your
> underwear.

Well you could replace the \url{} inside the note with

\href{http ...}{my outer clothing}.

Then you will see your clothing and hide the unides.  I used to do
that but for scientific papers it is always best to provide the
explicit URL in the citations because sometimes people will physically
print the paper and the URL would be lost ... and they would hate the
author ...  However, using \href{}{} meant I was always duplicating
the URL.  So I switched all my references to \url{} and now I only
need to give it once.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator