[Talk] Demystifying the Knuth-Plass (in French)

Didier Verna didier at didierverna.net
Fri Jan 19 10:49:44 CET 2024

Paulo Ney de Souza <pauloney at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess I am starting to understand why Adobe failed completely in
> implementing Knuth-Plass in Adobe InDesign.

  I'm curious about this. Is this coming from your experience as an
InDesign user (like, getting unsatisfactory results) or from some
technical information that you have about their implementation? In what
way is it failing?

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 9:34 AM Doug McKenna
> <doug at mathemaesthetics.com> wrote>

> Here is a shorter and amply illustrated resource that I found quite
> helpful:
>    <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/knuth-plass.html>

  I remember having read this long ago, and not finding it much clearer
than the original literature. Maybe my impression would be different
now...

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Jazz site:   http://www.didierverna.com
Other sites: http://www.didierverna.info