manual font installation for plain tex ...

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 10:06:57 CEST 2023

Why do you need pfb?

If you use luatex/xetex you could use the otf directly, or the tfm/vf
generated for pdftex/tex could be mapped to the otf file, see for example

/usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/mathdesign/mdgreek.map:md-grbr7m
GFSBodoni-Regular "AutoEnc_py5znvjh3poy4qksuktslsc7kc ReEncodeFont"
<[a_py5znv.enc <<GFSBodoni.otf

otftotfm should have made such  map file.

David