latex and mathematica, - can you export mathematica into latex docs easily?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:58:00 CET 2022

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 12:02:04PM +0100, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
>    It is, arguably, an extremely personal thing, heavily dependent on your work style and preferences.
>    For me: The calculation tool of choice is Matlab, and I care a lot about the look of my texts. So any automatic generation
>    of LaTeX has been a no-go. Matlab, obviously, is a poor starting point as well.
>    If you do all your math in Mathematica and are not much of a perfectionist, the autogeneration may be viable way of
>    working.

Thanks.
Can't you just edit the autogenerated stuff by hand or define some
of your own latex commands and use sed/awk on the generated
latex? But yes I don't have strong preferences on appearance
or expect to submit to a journal I just want to make sure
the math is right for a limited set of equations.

Besides the math, there is the input issue. For my code, I was just
entering parsed expression trees in RPN ( or I guess postfix  )
which sounds bad unless you are used to that but it is easy to tack
on a front end if the math is worthwhile :)
A lot of what I wanted to do is easy to say but hard to type-
say for example a rotation matix- it is just really an axis
and an agle but a lot of typing. I can have my code generate
and muliply those and output latex.
Eventually if could
probably parse latex and generate RPN , check the math, and then write out
other latex :) When I first thought about this it sounded intractable
and there are a lot of details to code, even if you can find all
the rules and tricks  ( never mind all the integral tables lol ).

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox
marchywka at hotmail.com