citing CTAN packages - neither TooBib nor Zotero could come up with more than a title :)

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:29:04 CET 2022

I'm putting together another set of notes and wanted
to credit mol2chemfig,

https://ctan.org/pkg/mol2chemfig

for some of the illustrations. Both TooBib and Zotero
just returned basically a title but
yet there is authoer and version and date
info there and in the PDF documentation file.
Is there no interest in making it easy to
credit this work by making this machine readable?
I have found that besides academic
publishers even popular news sites and many
commercial sites make it possible to
come up with decent bibtex entries
using at least TooBib and sometimes Zotero.

Isn't this a desirable feature for web
pages and manuals or documentation or
just about any PDF file?

I have proposed my 20 or so line solution
for TeX documents and I would
imagine most web site templates include
stuff like that lets Zotero and
TooBib work.

What is the real tradeoff here? Just
no demand? It just seems like an easy feature
to add and would maybe encourage others
to make their work easy to credit
or condemn :)

Just my crusade de jour fwiw.