CSL code to bibtex citations styles?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:53:35 CEST 2022

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 08:30:18PM +0800, Zeping Lee wrote:
>    In practical it’s impossible to convert a CSL style to BibTeX (.bst) style.
>
>    The bst language doesn’t provide enough features to implement CSL’s
>
>    complex specifications. For example, there are no data types like list or

Thanks. I wrote my own c++ code to read the aux file along with the
bib files the target document searched and output a bbl file. I guess
in theory I could also parse a CSL file and impplement
arbitrary logic to generate a bbl file from at least part of
the CSL spec. I expected to need good flexibility for a
bill-of-materials "bibliography" but have not gotten far on this yet.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox
marchywka at hotmail.com