pdflatex with simple Feynman

Haines Brown haines at histomat.net
Mon Dec 12 14:56:50 CET 2022

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:52:27PM +0000, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:
> > \begin{fmffile}
>
> Should this not be followed by the name of the <METAFONT-file>, as per page
> 8 of the manual ?
>
> --
> /Philip Taylor/

Yes, that struck me as a _possible_ reading of the manual. But then
I've no idea how to generate the mf file. I tried this with a feynman
source file named c.tex:

  $ mf '\mode=localfont;' input c.tex

and it returns:

  This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828182 (TeX Live 2022) (preloaded
    base=mf) (c.tex
  >> documentclass432
  ! Isolated expression.
  <to be read again>
                   {
  l.1 \documentclass[12pt]{
                         article}
  ?

I was not sure what to enter at the ? prompt, so quit. All the
pddflatex command did so far was to create a log file. In it is:

  OK, entering batchmode...
  ! Extra tokens will be flushed.
  <to be read again>
                   {
  l.1 \documentclass[12pt]{
                         article}
  I've just read as much of that statement as I could fathom,
  so a semicolon should have been next. It's very puzzling...
  but I'll try to get myself back together, by ignoring
  everything up to the next `;'. Please insert a semicolon
  now in front of anything that you don't want me to delete.

  (See Chapter 27 of The METAFONTbook for an example.)

This means nothiing to me. I downloaded the book and chapter 27
did not have example, but was about errors.

--

     Haines Brown
 /"\