Problems with Windows and TeXLive 2021

Jason Stahlecker jason.stahlecker at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 18 12:20:26 CEST 2021

Dear Support-Team,

I am having some trouble after installing texlive. I cannot open tlshell
(Problem with installation: cannot determine release!), fmtutil raises
the message that the total formats are 0. After some research I
concluded that the best idea is to remove texlive and possibly
reinstall. This causes the next issue, I cannot seem to find a way to
deinstall texlive, I do not know if this is because of a faulty install.
I would appreciate help how I can fix these problems. I have been using
texlive on linux without any trouble, but for windows it seems extremly
complicated.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Jason Stahlecker