Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri May 7 21:12:44 CEST 2021

Am Fri, 7 May 2021 11:54:27 -0700 schrieb Paulo Ney de Souza:

> 1. Is this a "mis-configuration" of my installation?

Well if you want to use xelatex and call font by font name than you
need to configure this and if you didn't do it, it is a
misconfiguration.

> 2. Why is this standard behaviour on Windows and not on Linux?
>
> 3. If David's trick works -- I have not been able to make it work yet and I
> am waiting on more clarity from him -- this is a completely internal job on
> part of TL, so why is it done on Windows and not on Linux?

windows doesn't use fontconfig, and so the texlive fontconfig
settings affects only texlive applications.

On linux a change of the fontconfig configuration would affect all
others applications too.

But if you find this troublesome: Make a friendly feature request
that texlive 2022 should offer an option ...

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/