Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue.

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Tue May 4 23:35:04 CEST 2021

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 2:04 PM Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>
wrote:

> On 2021-05-03 at 14:44:24 -0700, Paulo Ney de Souza wrote:
>
>  > "getnonfreefonts" changed that for the short list of its 11 current
>  > fonts.  It would be nice to see it extended to "getanyfont", I have
>  > given it a thought a few times I had to go through one of these
>  > font installations.
>
> Dear Paulo,
> getnonfreefonts isn't able to install arbitrary fonts and will never be.

I am not sure I understand what you mean Reinahard. I never mentioned
installation of "arbitrary" fonts. The discussion is about fonts in the
"LaTeX
Font Catalog".

But the part of "... and will never be" left me even more curious. We have
successfully used it to install MTProII and it works like a charms and
contray to other scripts and recipes on the net -- it does not damage you
TL installation.

> It depends on the support files on CTAN and cannot be extended to
> do anything else.

You would be surprised! Software is the only thing that can do everything.
We place the files in /tmp and point there and it does the cooking.

Best,
Paulo Ney