TeX Office Hour tonight, Multi-Author Docs, Blind Math News

Deyan Ginev deyan.ginev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:27:35 CET 2021

Hi Jonathan,

It is very encouraging that more publicity is given to the needs of
the blind math learners and practitioners out there, my salutations
for reporting on that!

I wanted to add a note that we have a small, but currently quite
active, group of practitioners that is working on the next version of
MathML, and one of our primary new deliverables is a much upgraded
capability for accessible mathematics. TeX is indeed one of the main
input methods we are aiming to stay fully compatible with, alongside
Word (and more generally "equation palettes").

Curious minds are welcome to listen along by freely joining the
community group at:
https://www.w3.org/community/mathml4/

I will bring up the Blind Math mailing list for discussion at our
weekly meeting today, it sounds like a good venue for us to do some
additional outreach and recruit feedback.

Greetings,
Deyan