Auto incremented document number

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 13:43:01 CET 2021

Off topic:

Philip wrote (by email, sent from server to server across the world, from
his local machine to mine):

I run TeX on my local machine and am completely independent of any servers,
> cloud-based services or whatever, apart from the occasional need to update
> my TeX installation.

I prefer:

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

MEDITATION XVII
Devotions upon Emergent Occasions
John Donne