LuaLaTeX with Window's fonts

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:35:34 CET 2021

 >|> Not a MiKTeX package. Arial and Georgia are "core web
 >|> fonts" freely available from Microsoft:
 >|>
 >|> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_fonts_for_the_Web
 >|
 >|That does tell me how to use the font already available
 >|on my system with LuaLaTeX. I was told it was supposed to
 >|be easy to use available Windows fonts with LuaLaTeX, but
 >|I have not discovered the secret.

Did you mean to write "does *not* tell me..."?

Look in your Windows font folder (C:\Windows\Fonts). If the
Georgia fonts are there, lualatex and fontspec will find them.

Bob T.

P.S. Apparently Microsoft no longer distribute the core
web fonts. If your system doesn't have them, you can get
them from the sourceforge site mentioned in the Wikipedia
article.