Article.cls not found

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Tue Jun 9 21:49:48 CEST 2020

On 09/06/2020 18:04, mcai5 wrote:

> I recently joined TUG in order to find a solution to the  ‘article.cls not found'  problem.
>
> Today I downloaded and installed a new copy of the complete TeX system, after deleting all traces of it yesterday.
>
> The problem still remains, as I observed when I attempted to compile a paper I am writing.
>
> Where can I get a copy of ‘article.cls’, and how should I install it so that TeXShop can find it?

Which "copy of the complete TeX system" did you download and install,
Paul ?  If it was TeX Live 2020, then you (and TeXworks) should find
"article.cls" in (your equivalent of my)
C:\TeX\Live\2020\texmf-dist\tex\latex\base
/Philip Taylor/