Memoir marks and fonts

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 02:35:53 CET 2020

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 7:55 PM Joel C. Salomon <joelcsalomon at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 3:50 AM Lars Madsen <daleif at math.au.dk> wrote:
>
>> (1) Please provide a full example others can test
>>
> I will attempt to make a minimal complete example, in case what I tried
> was supposed to work.  But I have some egg on my face: the “old code” never
> actually got tested.  The previous release of the books was before I
> figured out how to use the marks, and then I copied code that worked in
> another project into this one, without re-testing it.  (The other book did
> not use a different font for headers, so I never encountered this at all.)

Okay, more testing needed.  When I boiled this down to a minimal case:

> \documentclass{memoir}
> \usepackage{lipsum}
>
> \makepagestyle{headings}
>
> \makepsmarks{headings}{\def\chaptermark##1{\markboth{\thetitle}{##1}}}
>
> \makeevenhead{headings}{\rmfamily \thepage \quad \ttfamily \leftmark}{}{}
> \makeoddhead{headings}{}{}{\ttfamily \rightmark \quad \rmfamily \thepage}
> \makeevenfoot{headings}{}{}{}
> \makeoddfoot{headings}{}{}{}
>
> \title{Foo Bar}
>
> \begin{document}
> \mainmatter
> \pagestyle{headings}
>
> \chapter{Bas Quux}
>
> \lipsum[1-15]
>
> \end{document}
>
> it worked either this way or the “correct” way of moving the font
selection into the \markboth command.  When I added back the fontspec code
for choosing the heading fonts, it still worked both ways.  I’ll keep
adding things back and try to make this break the way it broke for my whole
project.

—Joel C. Salomon