An online LaTeX typing tutor

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 19:27:53 CET 2020

Hi Peter

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Based on it, I've opened a new issue.

latex-type-tutor: LaTeX math delimiters \( … \), \[ … \], and $ … $.
https://github.com/jfine2358/scratch/issues/5

And I've there made the following response:

<BEGIN>
I see four issues here: scope, documentation, error recovery and the '$' symbol.

Scope: Learning to type LaTeX mathematics is the purpose of this
tutor. It relies on MathJax to provide the instant preview rendering.
There's nothing similar to MathJax for LaTeX paragraph mode.

Documentation: Some sort of help page would be helpful. I'll open a
new issue for this.

Error recovery: MathJax writes invalid tokens in red. Perhaps we could
improve on this.

The '$' symbol: Mathjax recognises by '$' and '$' as giving a dollar
sign. LaTeX recognises only '$'. Perhaps, because it's a LaTeX typing
tutor, it should not allow '$' as a substitute for '$'.
<END>

We can continue this conversation, if you wish, either here or there.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful response.

best regards

Jonathan