pdflatex.fmt/install-tl-windows failures

Michael Barr, Prof. barr.michael at mcgill.ca
Sun Apr 12 17:10:08 CEST 2020

I have solved the problem.  Since the computer is new it has to be a late version of Win-10 and it almost immediately upgraded.  The first thing I do when I get a computer is install a 3rd party command processor, TakeCommand.  I tried running the tl-install from there.  When I tried running from windows (file explorer), the first thing it did was ask if I wanted to allow it to change things.  This step was somehow bypassed when I ran it from the command line.  Anyway, it finally installed and I tested a sample and it runs fine.  What would have happened from the DOS command.com I do not know and am not willing to test it.

Michael