TeX "glue" (stretch and shrink)

Doug McKenna doug at mathemaesthetics.com
Thu Oct 3 15:53:40 CEST 2019

The first thought that came to mind trying to understand the question was maybe the typographic concept of "rivers" and how to avoid them was applicable.  A river on a typographic page is an unplanned-for, mostly vertical alignment of spaces that becomes visually prominent and undesired.

Doug McKenna

More information about the texhax mailing list