TeX "glue" (stretch and shrink)

Gordon Haverland ghaverla at materialisations.com
Fri Oct 4 04:24:15 CEST 2019

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 09:24:29 -0400
Steve Peter via texhax <texhax at tug.org> wrote:

> > This is fascinating but it's probably off-topic for texhax. But
> > using LaTeX to document what you are doing or have done would be
> > very interesting, using embedded TikZ or SVG for the maps.
>
> But it would make for a nice presentation at the annual meeting.
> “Seeing the forest for the trees”

Karl Berry has already sensitized me to producing a document at some
point, for something else.  My Mom typically writes Luv on her golf
balls.  So on the farm, in 60 foot tall letters, I have LOVE and AWE
(followed by a puzzle piece).  Demands by an insurance company kept me
from doing a bunch of things over the last 1.25 years, which has
hindered those "writing on the landscape" efforts.  But, I tried to
"typeset" as best I could.  I think the typeface is Computer Modern, but
I don't remember exactly.

Until I can get a picture showing the words on the landscape, I will
not be producing a document.  And it is unlikely that I could present
it at an annual meeting.  It isn't in my budget.

But thanks for the feed back (both of you in this branch).

Gord