Dec19 more TUG news: Gudrun Zapf (1918-2019), G21C conference in Paris

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Tue Dec 17 00:45:54 CET 2019

Dear TeXers,

Usually we publish one TUG newsletter monthly.  This special issue
covers two important pieces of news.

1. We are very sad to learn that Gudrun Zapf von Hesse passed this
month. She was a great artist, typographer and calligrapher, and
the colleague, companion, and wife of Hermann Zapf.

We were proud to call Hermann and Gudrun friends of TUG, and mourn
their passing after long lives of astounding accomplishments.
https://twitter.com/arabictype/status/1205585142934360066

2. Long-time TeXnician extraordinaire Yannis Haralambous has informed us
of an international conference on grapholinguistics next June in Paris,
called G212C 2020:
  https://grafematik2020.sciencesconf.org/
Yannis is among the organizers.

Among the conference topics are typography and many other topics that
may interest TUG members. The submission deadline is January 13, so if
you may be interested in speaking, don't delay.

Sincerely,
Boris Veytsman (TUG President)
https://tug.org