Nonfree packages cc-pl, mex, pl and hyphen-polish in texlive distribution

Wojtek Kosior kwojtus at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 19 12:58:25 CET 2019

The following packages:

https://www.ctan.org/pkg/plhyph
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/mex
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/cc-pl
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pl-mf

are misleadingly marked on CTAN as either being in public domain or being available under the Knuth License. Those packages do, however, use a custom, nonfree license (mex105/mexinfo/mexinfo.eng in the mex package).

I found about the nonfree parts in texlive in https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/packages/extra.git/tree/texlive-core/PKGBUILD - this PKGBUILD also treats some other packages as nonfree, which might help track them.