problem with new MikTex and new emacs installations

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Tue Apr 2 16:40:49 CEST 2019

I'm probably in over my head.  Also, I'm not at that computer right now.
But trying to remember from yesterday:

1. When I compiled a tex document in the newest Goulet emacs using tex
-> pdf, I got the error about "Symbol TeX p" something.  But when I
instead used tex -> dvi -> ps -> pdf, everything worked fine.

2. Does the -Q switch disable all the AUCTeX add-ons?  If so, then how
was I able to run pdflatex with C-c C-c (defaults to pdflatex) ENTER? I
thought that key sequence was part of AUCTeX, not emacs itself.

Thanks.

--Chris