[texhax] Puzzle: bibtex working when it *shouldn't*!!! ???

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu May 10 03:32:54 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-09 at 07:57:55 -0400, Jerry wrote:

 > By the way, I would prefer using, in my case MiKTex with TeXstudio
 > 2.12.8 on a MS Windows 10 system any day over using it on a FreeBSD
 > system. For the record, I use FreeBSD for several applications, but
 > LaTeX is not one of them.  I have several friends who have
 > expressed their opinion that MiKTeX works better on MS Windows and
 > is easier to maintain that TeX Live is on a *.nix or *BSD
 > system. Obviously, I have not verified everyone of those claims.

I distinguish between the behavior of programs shipped with various
TeX distros and the tools you need in order to maintain a particular
distro.  Of course, anybody can use the distro of his choice but the
behavior of programs like tex, bibtex, etc. should not depend on the
distro.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25