[texhax] A new LaTeX magazine: Radical Philosophy

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Thu Feb 8 05:58:11 CET 2018

DN> From: Daniel Nemenyi <daniel at pompo.co>
DN> Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 14:40:51 +0000

DN> It hadn't actually occured to me to put it on CTAN. I've always thought
DN> of it as where the *real* TeX developers put things, but, sure?

If your authors are supposed to submit papers in TeX, it is better to
put your package on CTAN under a free license.  Then it will be
included in the major TeX distributions, and your authors will be
spared the trouble of installing the package

DN> I think I'd probably put it on github/lab also though in order to retain
DN> their versioning and colloboration functionality.

Nowadays CTAN maintainers encourage putting github links in their
packages metadata, so you are actually supposed to do both.  I do this
with acmart, for example.

Full disclosure:  my son is a GitHub employee.

--
Good luck

-Boris

"The Lord gave us farmers two strong hands so we could grab as much as
we could with both of them."
		-- Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"