[texhax] Latex on command line

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Sun Sep 3 20:45:51 CEST 2017

elof:

Philip Taylor wrote:
> Once you have installed a minimum LaTeX system (and I assume from
> the fact that you call it this that you are planning to install it
> from TeX Live), then the directory that contains TeX & LaTeX will
> automatically be added to your path; therefore you won't need to
> 'find' the LaTeX system, your operating system will find it for you
> when you type TeX <filename> or LaTeX <filename> at the CMD prompt.

I do the standard install and make sure that the commands are in my
path:

% which latex
/usr/texbin/latex

The command names are NOT capitalized.  This makes a difference on
Unix systems.  You might want to use my 'l' script or see how it works:
https://alum.mit.edu/www/toms/ftp/l

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator