[texhax] Disable hyphenation after - everywhere

Aleksandar Zec zealeksanman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 20:24:18 CEST 2017

On 2 September 2017 at 17:44, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> or
>
> \hsize = 3 em
> \exhyphenpenalty = \maxdimen
> \noindent begin anti-dis-es-tab-lish-ment-arian-ism end\par
> \noindent begin antidisestablistmentarianism end\par
> \noindent begin anti-dis-es-tab-lish\discretionary {-}{}{}ment-arian-ism
> end\par
> \end
>
> to illustrate how you might then mark up a permitted break point.

Philip, of course, you are right, I meant "at". Sorry for my English. :)

Thank you for the \exhypenpenalty solution, but it, as far as I
understand, doesn't remove a possible hyphenation point at "-".
Consequently, a compound word will not be hyphenated at all.

The point of my question was a hope that removing a hyphenation point
will allow hyphenation at all other allowed places (i.e. before and
after "-"). In other words, if we have this imaginary compound word:

antidisestablish-mentarianism

the default behaviour will give

antidisestablish-
mentarianism

With "\exhyphenpenalty = \maxdimen" it become unbreakable, i.e. always

antidisestablish-mentarianism

However, I need:

anti-
dis-