[texhax] Crowd funding for LaTeX development

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 2 19:46:45 CEST 2017

 > To rephrase that more clearly: In each of my packages, I'll add a link
> pointing to the TUG donation page...

On my page at

https://alum.mit.edu/www/toms/latex.html

I've added a new box pointing to https://tug.org with the message:

   The Tex User Group (TUG) organization is the official home of all
   things TeX and LaTeX.

Next to it is the image at https://tug.org/images/tuglogo.png.
(It's my own copy so as not to burden tug.org.)

Everybody can do that to increase awareness of TUG.

THEN at the TUG page there could be a BIG clear link to the donations
page.  At the moment, the donation link is lost in the introduction
text.  In addition to that buried link, a box like the one on my page
could be created that links to the donation page.  Then people will be
reminded every time they come to the tug home page.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health