[texhax] The "Fontspec" package : load font at specific size with dimension

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 28 23:01:59 CET 2017

Am Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:11:45 +0000 schrieb Philip Taylor:

> OK,  enough.  I suppose the whole point, from my perspective, is
> that I have no plans (and no need) to use "the various size
> commands" (etc), since these fonts are intended for use within a
> Tikz and it is Tikz that will scale the glyphs rather than TeX,
> so I was looking for a simple solution whereby I could declare
> all \newfontfaces at the sizes I need and leave it at that.

tikz normally doesn't scale nodes (and text in node). You can force
it but it is not the default.

And Bruce is quite right, that a scale factor is the best. If you
know the font sizes you want to use the scale factor is easy to
calculate and gives you the freedom to adapt the font size easily
later if needed.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/