[texhax] shift subscript without superscript

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon Jun 13 11:19:36 CEST 2016

On 06/13/2016 11:12 AM, David Carlisle wrote:
>> Does LuaTeX use other fontdimens? What can I do to make the code work
> with LuaTeX?
>
> are you using classic tex tfm math fonts (in which case It should work) or
> using opentpe math fonts and unicode-math or similar? (in which case it may
> or may not be expected to work depending on things I'd need to check)
> either way a test file would be good thanks (possibly to luatex list to
> increase the chance of it being seen by right people)

I tried both tfm and unicode-math now. Both do not show any effect of
subdepth. However, with tfm the subscript behaves as described in the
TeXbook – with unicode-math (and thus lm-math.otf), it even has the
inverse effect: If a superscript is present, the subscript is *raised*.
I never noticed that one before …
I'll write this to the LuaTeX list because at least the latter one seems
to be clear bug to me?

Best, Arno