[texhax] shift subscript without superscript

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon Jun 13 11:02:57 CEST 2016

Hi again,

On 06/10/2016 01:32 PM, David Carlisle wrote:
 > On 10 June 2016 at 12:09, Arno Trautmann <Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de> wrote:
 >> \documentclass{minimal}
 >> \begin{document}
 >> \[a_i a_i^\dagger + b_i b_i^\dagger\]
 >> \[a_i^{} a_i^\dagger + b_i^{\strut} b_i^\dagger\]
 >> \end{document}
 >> […]
 >> So, finally the question: Is it possible to default the subscript of any
 >> expression to be at the lowest position? (And, vice versa for the
 >> superscript to be at the topmost position?) I'll happily appreciate TeX
 >> hackery, package solutions, or Lua code … whatever helps :)
 >>
 >> Best,
 >> Arno
 >> _______
 >

 > Have a look at the subdepth package and other links from

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/10286/is-it-possible-to-change-the-depth-of-subscripts/10310

I tried the subdepth package; with pdfLaTeX the result fine and seems
like exactly what I needed, so thanks again.

For LuaLaTeX, otoh, it does not work, for both TL2015 and TL2016
settings. ”not work“ means there is no error but also no visible change
in the output with/without the package.
Does LuaTeX use other fontdimens? What can I do to make the code work
with LuaTeX?

Best,
Arno