[texhax] Installing contrib semantic package

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 03:44:35 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am a sort of TeX newbie, although I do have Knuth's original TeX books.

Anyway I have a Debian Linux system and liveTeX installed. I am trying to
work out how to install contrib packages from CTAN. The semantic package in
particular :-

    https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/semantic?lang=en

I have followed instructions for doing it from the command line but it does
not seem to have worked.

I did do this about 6 years ago on my old server to get TeX in a MediaWiki
wiki.

I cannot seem to find definitive instructions on how to do this now.

Good instructions or a link to some would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron