[texhax] help

Robert Scholtz BobScholtz at verizon.net
Sun Sep 27 23:59:34 CEST 2015

I don’t know how to begin to solve the following problem:

I have a 700+ page book in LaTeX.  I’ve recently used hyperref to insert internal links to the toc, figures, tables, examples, equation numbers, etc.  It works beautifully except in one case:

There is one table that was so wide that I used the sidewaystable environment from \usepackage[figuresright]{rotating}.  The entry in the \listoftables  correctly shows the page number (352) of the table location, but a click on the listing transfers the middle of the window to the top of page 347.

The material printed on page 347 is well before the material in the LaTex file that immediately preceded the entry of the sidewaystable environment.  Is this a bug of some sort?

I don’t know if the order of loading packages makes a difference but here is the one that I used:

\usepackage{graphics}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{epstopdf}
\usepackage{makeidx}