[texhax] List of Examples

Robert Scholtz BobScholtz at verizon.net
Wed Sep 23 23:22:06 CEST 2015

I would like to create a list of Examples following the TOC much as \listoffigures and \listoftables does in LaTeX book typesetting.

Using the theorem environment, I’ve inserted the following instructions:

\newtheorem{exform}{Example }[chapter]
\newcommand{\bexample}[1]{\begin{exform}\rm : #1\hskip1em \hrulefill\vskip0pt\nobreak\noindent}

with a companion instruction to end exform.  This works very well, but how can I construct a list of examples in the front of the document?

Thanks for any help/pointers that you can give.

Bob