[texhax] How to convert Digital Research TEX Text Formater files to plainTeX

Peter Cumminsky cummip at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:41:25 CEST 2015

I need to convert a bunch of Digital Research manuals (CP/M days) to
pdf. I have the .tex files and have W32TeX installed in 64-bit Windows
7. pdfTeX works fine on most most TeX documents but DR's use dot
commands instead of backslashes. Any "filters", macros or preprocesser
stuff that will get me plainTeX to feed to pdfTeX out there? I have the
DR TEX manual (found one in pdf format) but I'm not really a programmer
to roll my own and am brand-new to TeX.