[texhax] program to create or adjust BoundingBox

Schwartz, Steven J s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 13:29:42 CET 2015

> Is there a tool or program to create or adjust BoundingBox for figures
> other than the postscript one like as the program "psfixbb" does.
> I would like to apply this tool to figures that have the following
> extensions pdf, tiff, png, jpg, etc.

For pdf's use pdfcrop (it comes with most tex distributions, I think - certainly miktex and others. Alternatviely download it from http://pdfcrop.sourceforge.net/). Pdfcrop needs ghostscript, but I assume you have that.

For bitmap images (tiff, png, jpg, etc.) most graphics programs (gimp, photoshop, etc.) have an autocrop tool that will get rid of the whitespace around the image. Alternatively, imagemagick can be run from the command line and will trim these. See http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=15675.

HTH
Steve

Steven J Schwartz                  Phone:  +44 (0)207 594 7660
Professor of Space Physics         Fax:    +44 (0)207 594 7772
Director, Imperial Space Lab       www.imperial.ac.uk/spacelab
The Blackett Laboratory            Email:  s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, UK                 Web:    www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs