[texhax] Theorem with footnote in the header

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Tue Dec 1 10:01:58 CET 2015

This MWE might do the trick, the problem is of course that normal \footnote cannot escape \item[...] thus we need to use \footnotemark and \footnotetext

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{ntheorem}
\makeatletter
\newtheoremstyle{plainfoot}%
  {\item[\hskip\labelsep \theorem at headerfont ##1\ ##2\theorem at separator\footnotemark]}%
  {\item[\hskip\labelsep \theorem at headerfont ##1\ ##2\ (##3)\theorem at separator\footnotemark]}

\makeatother

\theoremstyle{plainfoot}
\theoremseparator{.}
\newtheorem{theorem-foot}{Theorem}

\begin{document}

\begin{theorem-foot}
  \footnotetext{Test}
  sadf
\end{theorem-foot}

\end{document}

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University