[texhax] Ruby dev to help add LaTeX reference to DevDocs.io?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 5 23:36:33 CEST 2015

    How about updating the LaTeX reference manual first?

What's there should be useful, even though it is not complete.  (Not
that I'm going to do anything with DevDocs myself; someone who cares
about DevDocs, whatever it is, will need to take it on.)

For clarity, let me mention that latexrefman is unofficial, not
maintained or reviewed by the LaTeX Project members.  It's maintained by
me (these days), and I have never made the time to concentrate on the
many updates that are needed.  Although volunteers (notably Vincent
Belaiche) have worked on existing and new translations, contributions
for adding to the actual content have been sparse at best.  They remain
welcome.

    We have pict2e now and nobody has to use curve2e in order to draw
    lines with arbitrary slopes anymore, for example.

I'll replace my tiny mention of curve2e with pict2e, but that's a tiny
point in comparison with many core latex2e features that are missing at
present.

karl