[texhax] Settings customs names for internal hyperlinks in text

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:17:06 CET 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Pascal <pascal.bernhard at belug.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to link to certain chapter, sections of my document for
> which I used the commands \autoref and \nameref in conjunction with
> labels.
>
> But do neither want the exact chapter title as the link text, nor the
> chapter version, but a customized text. And I have failed to find a
> solution for that problem so far.
>
> For example:
>
> As will be discussed in the section about FOO
> (\reference-command{sec:FOO}{Here comes the custom text I want to have
> linked not the chapter number nor the exact chapter title} ......
>

> \section{The properties of FOO}\label{sec:FOO}
>

> I was not able to find a solution in the documentation for the hyperref
> package
> (http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref/), but
> that is probably my own fault.
>
> I have the feeling that using \nameref and \autoref is the completely
> wrong approach, so please bear with me.
>
> Pascal

Using documentclass  memoir one can specify

\chapter[name1][name2]{name3}
\label{mychapter}

where name1 goes to \toc, bookmark and \nameref{mychapter}, name2 to
pageheader and name3 is an "actual" chapter name

If you want something else you can always \hyperlink{mychapter}{name4}
which, however, is not automatic. Basically \hyperlink works also with
\hypertarget{}{} copmmand

Victor Ivrii