[texhax] Multilingual index

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:11:02 CEST 2014

I found that with the following preamble

\documentclass[12pt,oneside,openany]{memoir}
\usepackage{index}
\usepackage[T2A]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}
\makeindex

I get a an index sorted alphabetically correctly with cyrillic letters
being ahead of latin. On the other hand for {book} latin letters are ahead
of cyrillic. I find it rather strange. Is it possible to customize an order?

Second, if in English index there is a double spacing between groups of
keywords starting with the same letter, in Russian it is not so: double
vertical spacing appears only for few letters. Is it possible to fix?

Thanks
--

Victor Ivrii