[texhax] problem with a defined command

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 02:13:38 CET 2014

I would like to point out that the various difficulties
with user-level newcommands discussed in this thread,
in particular,

  * confusion for other readers of source markup
  * brokenness in detached abstracts
  * difficulty in assembling articles into a single book or report
  * difficulty spinning off online content

all go away when profiled LaTeX (in the sense of my TUG 2010
talk) is used.  They go away because there is an initial stage of
processing in which all \newcommands in a user-level document
are expanded into the command vocabulary of the chosen profile.

                              -- Bill

Email: hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
       gellmu at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/william.f.hammond