[texhax] Can fonts understandable by Microsoft Office be used in plain TeX and pdfTeX?

José Carlos Santos jcsantos at fc.up.pt
Sun Dec 7 08:21:27 CET 2014

On 06/12/2014 01:13, Suresh Govindachar wrote:

> A person owns certain fonts that can be used in any Microsoft Office
> document (Word, Outlook email etc.).  When I create documents for him in
> plain TeX, I would like to use his fonts.
>
> So is it possible to use fonts that Microsoft Office understands from
> within plain TeX and pdfTeX, and if so, how exactly?

Since nobody gave you a complete answer, here's a partial one: if those
fonts are OpenType fonts, you can use XeTeX to typeset your text with
them. However, I can say nothing more because I only use XeLaTeX, and
not plain XeTeX. You can try to post your question at the XeTeX mailing
list.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos